A Sample Cover Letter for PM Job Seekers
You can adapt as is true in your case. Put real thought into this, all the while remembering not to use too many "I" statements, focusing on what you have to offer.
Re: Project Manager, Job Ref. #12345, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Smith,
I was excited to read ABC Company’s posting for a project manager. I’m a recent graduate of CSU, Chico, offering several years’ cumulative experience supporting projects. Examples and deliverables include:
· Ecommerce website design and development
· ERP systems development
· Systems interface design and deployment
· Customer service delivery
· Order fulfillment and payment processing
· Transportation and logistics
I have also been active in organizations, notably _______. There, I enabled the delivery of project results such as:
· An event that raised ______ for the purpose of ______________.
· An awareness campaign that resulted in _______new signups in support of a _______initiative.
· A successful blood drive, culminating in a donation of ______units to the Red Cross.
· A Clean-Up Campaign that restored safety to one of our most popular park areas
· Actively supported development of a Regional Project addressing the global problem of sustainable development across fields. This Way to Sustainability attracted more than 1,000 student and regional attendees, and featured some of the most highly regarded speakers in the field of managing for sustainable results – which is, essentially, applied resource management.
· Implementation of Microsoft Project (or Wrike, or Basecamp, or…..) to assist my team in developing a viable plan for a complex project, enabling them to communicate in a timely manner.
Reinforcing my project and team management experience are credentials that include a major in Business Administration and a minor in Project Management. I am working toward a Professional (PMP) designation and have logged roughly half the hours necessary to be eligible to sit for the exam.
Blending business, technical, and people management skills to plan and execute projects, I am confident that I would be able to contribute to the successful delivery of project results to ABC Company. I am eager to learn more about successful past projects, the initiatives currently undertaken, and projects planned for the future. It’s an exciting time to be part of a company involved in (whatever business ABC is in) and I would love to be part of it.
You can reach me at (555) 555-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. I sincerely hope you will. Thank you for considering me as a viable interview candidate.
Notyour Typicalnugrad, BA